To take on the fuel costs, a fuel card must be assigned to a vehicle at the time of the transaction - either directly or via a driver. If there is an indicator in the invoice item, it is automatically assigned to this vehicle. If this is not the case, the following error messages may occur.
Which scenario represents your current situation?
- Assign a fuel card to a payee
The fuel card is created but it is not assigned to any vehicle or driver.
- In the "Fuel card without assignment" message, click "Assign fuel card".
- Now click on "Assign vehicle".
- Enter a vehicle or a driver and a start date. The start date must be set before the transactions. If refuelling took place on 05.02.2017, the fuel cards must be assigned at the latest from the 05.02.2017, so that the refueling can be assigned.
- Click on "Save" to finalize the assignment.
- Fuel card is already assigned to a payer
The fuel card is assigned, but the assignment is not unique at the time of the transaction.
- The fuel card is not assigned at the time of the transaction
- The fuel card is assigned to a driver / vehicle, but not at the time of the transaction. You can change the existing assignment by clicking on Change Assignment and changing the date accordingly.
- The fuel card is assigned to a driver who did not drive a vehicle at the time of the transaction
- You now have two options:
- Assign the appropriate vehicle to the driver.
- To do this, click on "Assign vehicle" and then on "Add". You can now select the vehicle and the start date of the assignment. Do not forget to click save. This information is then taken over both in the vehicle and in the driver's file.
- Change the assignment date or the insurance provider.
- To do this, click Change Assignment. You can now change the date or select a new insurance provider and save it.
Your costs will now be updated in all analyzes and reports.