When importing your data initially, we create purchase contracts and corresponding depreciation plans. Thus, these acquisition costs are correct in your total cost overview and we can alert you to an upcoming vehicle replacement. Here we show you how you can create such a contract yourself.
Creating a purchase contract
- Click on "Vehicles" in the menu bar on the left.
- Click on the license plate of the desired vehicle.
You are now in the vehicle file.
- Click on the "Contracts" tab.
- Click on "Add contract" and select "Purchase contract"
Entering contract details and depreciation costs
You are now in the "Add purchase contract" form and can fill in the detailed contract data:
- Select "active" or "inactive". Select inactive only if the vehicle has already been fully depreciated and you only want to be reminded of a vehicle replacement. For this reminder, please enter the desired end date for the use of this vehicle. For inactive contracts, no depreciation costs will be included in your cost overview.
- In the "Master Contract" field, select the correct provider or the seller. This field is optional. Is the desired provider not included in the list?
How do I create a new provider?
- Enter the contract number in the field provided. This field is optional.
- Enter the date of purchase in the field "Start of depreciation". This field is a mandatory field and is necessary for the automated reminder of vehicle replacement since the replacement date is calculated from the period of the depreciation schedule.
- Enter the purchase price in the space provided and check the currency and the appropriate gross or net settings.
- Select an existing depreciation plan, or enter the number of years or the number of miles you expect the vehicle to hold in the Usage Period and / or Maximum Mileage fields. Based on this data, you will automatically be reminded of the vehicle replacement. More information can be found here:
What is the depreciation plan for?
- Enter the monthly depreciation cost in the field "Depreciation", if known.
- Click on "Save" to create the purchase contract.
Uploading contract documents
Once you have created a purchase contract, you can save the associated files such as the purchase invoice. There are two possibilities here:
- Drag the document into the gray rectangle for documents until you see a gray dashed frame.
- Click "+ Add" at the gray rectangle and locate the file on your computer